For a fun Easter activity to do with the kids, make these cute Easter bunnies painted in bright, spring colours. Fill them with chocolate eggs for a real treat!
- Egg Carton
- Acrylic Paint – pink, yellow, blue, red
- Googly Eyes
- Pink or white small pom poms
- White Foam
- Masking Tape
- Craft Glue
- Black Marker
- Begin by cutting 2 egg compartments and trimming off any excess to create a flat top to the cartons.
- Place the trimmed egg cartons on top of each other with the flat tops touching. Take a piece of masking tape and put a small piece on the back of the cartons. Then open up the egg carton and place another piece of masking tape on the inside.
- Paint the egg cartons a spring colour.
- Cut 2 bunny ear shapes and the front teeth shapes out of the foam.
- Once the paint has dried, add the eyes and pom pom for the nose with glue. Glue on the ears and teeth as well. Take a thick black marker and add whiskers and eyelashes if desired.
Now fill with candy and display them as part of your decorations on the table for Easter dinner or use them in an Easter Egg hunt.