Well, here we are again! That time of year when family, friends, and communities come together to “deck the halls” by creating warm, beautiful, and personal spaces.
And we’re certainly in luck, as some of the most fabulous winter and holiday decor can be found right in the village of Arthur, ON, at a lovely store called “The Plumber’s Wife”.
“We absolutely love this time of year here at the store,” says owner Paula. “The boxes come in, and as soon as we begin to unpack it’s impossible not to get excited!” Paula and her staff ensure the showroom is stunning on a day-to-day basis, however for the holidays, the store really comes to life.
Lots of light, lots of fun, and lots of colour are what we all need this time of year, and The Plumber’s Wife has everything you’ll need! Making your inside space feel a little more like the natural outdoors is very much on trend, and a fireplace can provide for a beautiful backdrop. The display here in Paula’s shop is a perfect example of traditional style, combining nature and soft accents to create a wonderful, warm showpiece.
The same can be said for decorating the exterior of your front door, or inside the foyer. Once again, Paula and her team have created a welcoming display, utilizing colour and nature to create the perfect “Happy Holidays” greeting, just as your loved ones are landing on the doorstep!
There are several beautiful accent pieces Paula has brought into her store, so creating a special holiday space on a large or small scale, is easy. “We have throw pillows, holiday signs, serving trays, festive dishes and glassware, all sorts of choices that will reflect the holiday feel that you want to create.”
Here are just a few of the top decorating trends for the 2020 holiday season:
– Navy is the 2020 colour of the year, and is reflected in many of the decor choices including lights and tree ornaments.
– For a more neutral colour choice, Platinum is a big trend, and looks fabulous against any colour you choose to pair with it.
– A check pattern, reminiscent of your favourite warm flannel pyjamas or robe, remains a favourite and accent pieces can be used throughout the space.
– Farmhouse and nature themes are a holiday staple, reflecting both family traditions and country charm.
– Santa Gnomes and Nut Cracker Soldiers are classic decoration choices, and are always a hit with the kiddos – young and old!
At The Plumber’s Wife, you can get everything you need for the holiday season, and maybe even a few things you didn’t even know you needed! And not only can you adorn your own home with lovely holiday cheer, you can also get some amazing Christmas gifts for those on your list!
A visit to this lovely, welcoming store sounds like a perfect way to welcome in the holidays, say farewell to 2020, and usher in a fresh, new 2021 where the focus is on home, beauty, light, and pure happiness!
Written by: Kelli M. Maddocks | Resources: The Plumber’s Wife