- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 med potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 3 cups vegetable or fish stock, heated
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb haddock or sole, cut into ¾ “ cubes
- 8 ozs scallops, cleaned and halved
- 8 ozs small shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
In a large saucepan, heat the oil, then add the bacon and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, leek, celery and potato, and sauté over med heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add the butter and when it’s melted, sprinkle in the flour and cook for a minute. Make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
Add the wine and veggie or fish stock. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes until the potatoes are just tender.
Add the fish pieces and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Lastly, add the scallops, shrimps, cream, parsley.
Mix well, and heat for 5 minutes without boiling, or until scallops and shrimps are cooked and tender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.