Chiquitita EVOO, Key Lime White Balsamic, & Red Cayenne Chili Fused Olive Oil
- 1 kg cubed chicken breast
- ½ yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Key Lime White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp allspice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Red Cayenne Chili Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 bell peppers, of varying colours, cut to the same size as cubed chicken
- Skewer Ingredients continued:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green zucchini, sliced in ½” thick slices
- ½ yellow onion, cubed to same size as chicken
- 6 slices of bacon, sliced to reflect size of chicken cubes
1. Combine the onion, garlic, Key Lime White Balsamic Vinegar, Red Cayenne Chili Fused Olive Oil and all the spices into the bowl of a food processor; pulse until the onion and garlic have broken down.
2. With the food processor running, slowly add the Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Continue on high speed until a smooth texture is reached. Use this to marinate the cubed chicken overnight.
3. Presoak skewers if using wooden skewers to prevent burning.
4. Begin to create the chicken skewers, alternating between chicken, the vegetables, and the bacon.
5. Once ready to grill, place on medium high grill, turning occasionally to allow all sides to cook. Skewers are done when the chicken has reached an internal temp of 165ºF.
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF CONNIE RASO | THE OLIVE EXPERIENCE INC, GUELPH