CLASSIC CANADIAN CAESAR
The national cocktail of Canada. It was invented in Calgary in 1969.
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tbsp celery salt, or as needed
- ice cubes, as needed
- 1 oz vodka
- 8 ozs Clamato juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1 celery stick
Wet the rim of a cocktail glass with the lime wedge; set aside for garnish.
Place celery salt in a small dish, and press the rim of the glass into the salt to coat.
Add ice to the glass.
Pour vodka, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce over the ice; top with tomato-clam juice.
Garnish with lime wedge and celery stick. Serve with a straw.
It’s a tradition to serve Moose Milk in the Canadian military.
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream (soft scoop)
- 4 cups skim milk
- Nutmeg for garnish
Mix all ingredients in a large punch bowl until frothy and totally blended. Serve with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Servings: 2 cocktails
- 8 ozs red wine
- 4 ozs Canadian whiskey (Crown Royal or Canadian Club)
- 2-3 ozs pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 cinnamon stick
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring every once in a while, and
then remove from heat. Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
MAPLE APPLE MARTINI
- 2 ozs Fresh Pressed Apple Vodka, or a good plain vodka
- 1 oz apple liquor
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake well and strain into a martini glass.
LONDON FOG (non-alcoholic)
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 tsp raw honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
Steep your tea bag in the hot water for 3-5 mins (depending on strength preference). Mix together almond milk and vanilla extract and steam or froth depending on what tools you have (if you don’t have a frother, heat up milk on stove top. It won’t get foamy but it does the trick). Stir sweetener in with steeped tea and top with frothed milk. Enjoy hot!