- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- 4 tbsp Raspberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 24 2” mini tarts
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a double boiler. Heat, whisking constantly until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Pour the lemon curd into a heat proof bowl and cover with clear plastic wrap pressed onto the curd to prevent a film developing. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Bake tarts according to package directions and cool.
3. Once the tarts have cooled, fill with lemon curd. Flatten the top for a smooth finish. Place in refrigerator to chill.
4. Meanwhile using the same double boiler system as to make the lemon curd, put the chocolate and the cream in a medium sized bowl and place over the simmering water.
5. Once chocolate has softened, stir until the cream and chocolate are fully combined. Remove from heat and add the Raspberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
6. To decorate the tarts, place equal amounts of the ganache in the centre of the tarts. Using a warm spoon or spatula spread ganache evenly on the lemon curd. Chill until ready to eat.
To garnish place a whole or half raspberry in the centre of the tart before chilling.
Recipe Created by Chef Connie Raso, The Olive Experience