A Simply Nutritious Salad | Servings: 6
(Family Features) As one of the simplest ways to make family meals healthier, adding fruits and vegetables to everyday dishes can also provide a flavourful path to a more nutritious eating plan. With a dish like this Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad, you can put a veggie-focused meal on the table in next to no time. Find more recipes, tips and resources for living a healthier lifestyle at American Heart Association.
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ozs each) no-salt-added or low-sodium black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 ozs) low-sodium or no-salt-added whole-kernel corn
- 1 package (8 1/2 ozs) brown rice, microwaved according to package directions and broken into small pieces
- 2 medium ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
In large bowl, stir peas, corn, rice, celery, pepper, parsley, olive oil, water and black pepper until combined.
Recipe courtesy of the American Heart Association