Prep 25 minutes | Ready in 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet potato chopped in bit size squares
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 (28oz) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (19oz) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (19oz) tomato baked beans
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp dried basil
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions, carrots, celery & garlic until tender. Stir in sweet potatoes, green pepper, red pepper, and chilli powder. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, baked beans.
Season with cumin, oregano, and basil. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with toasted sour dough bread and butter.
Recipe courtesy of: Healthy Cravings Holistic Kitchen